Who Should I Hire?
Realtor interview questions
They should be full time instead of part time.
- Your home sale should come before another day job.
What is their average home sales in a year?
- At the FREA, a recommended realtor should sell $2M in inventory a year.
Have they sold any homes in your micro market area?
- The neighborhood is not as important as the local area – ex. South Katy.
Do they have ideas for “out of the box” marketing?
- Do they understand Inbound, Holistic and Agile marketing?
- Don’t be fooled by office marketing vs. your specific home marketing?
What is their average sale price?
What is their list to sale price ratio?
What are their average days on market?
- If less than 30, how many homes have they sold?
- If there are more than 10, you might get a second opinion to verify.
Are they local in Houston?
Can you schedule an inital face to face meeting with them?
Are they reachable on the weekends?
- Most of the time, the weekends are when they are needed the most.
- If a buyer submits an offer, you want to be able to verify their financing.
Do they have multiple financing options?
Do they have a minimum of 2 years experience?
Will they help explain other mortgage offers?